Specialty Tile Products offers premium educational services to our clients. Whether you are a new homeowner looking for advice before a purchase, a designer seeking CEU credit, or an installer trying to choose the best method of waterproofing a tub surround, we will help you achieve success.
CEU Presentations At Your Office Or Ours
- Crossville: Crossville has 2 programs focused on tile products: Porcelain Tile: From Specification To Installation - Is It Really Green?
- Laticrete: Laticrete offers 6 six programs that meet Health Safety and Welfare requirements: Water as a Design Medium - Advanced Forensics - Tile and Stone Installation Materials and Methods - Direct Adhered Sysytems - Marble and Granite - Composite Stone
- Schluter Systems: Schluter has 5 programs that illustrate their unique approach to tile and stone setting: A Systems Approach to Tile and Stone - Radiant Heated Floors: a new Perspective for Tile and Stone - Movement Joints for Tile and Stone: Why , Where , and How? - The Uncoupling Principle
- Design Trends in Ceramic Tile and Stone: A constantly evolving program that highlights the latest offering in the ceramic tile and stone industries, this program will cover products as well as how they fit into classic and contemporary design. Boutique products that fit into a bit more eclectic decors like Arts and Crafts and Prarie styles are also featured, as well as new materials like glass, metal and wood tiles.
- Porcelain Primer: The technological landscape of tile manufacturing changes daily. This Program focuses on the new types of porcelain, how they are made and what is the proper application for the tiles. Exterior applications, cladding and traditional interior use is discussed. The program will introduce new technologies with panel displays of tile and hands-on examination of features. This program could include a factory tour.
- Stone, Rocks or Rocket Science? A look at natural stone from a geological perspective. Beautiful panels of stone will be examined and categorized according to their geological type. Studying the formation of these stone gives insight to the design professional for the selection process. You will better understand sealing and maintenance requirements and the proper uses of a wide variety of natural stones.
- Factory Tours: A number of our vendors will periodically offer tours of the manufacturing plants where they produce tiles. Crossville, American Florim, Sonoma Tilemakers and even a few of the Italian and South American producers are among these. Please call us to arrange a tour date and gain an understanding of the process and requirements.
- Tile Selection & Design: Our Designer Center Showrooms are staffed with professionals who understand the design process and can offer both technical and material solutions for color, style and proper usage issues.
- Installation Consulting: Rest assured that our staff can help inform & equip professional installers with all the tools and materials it takes to do any job, anywhere, anytime.